Monday, May 25, 2015

Finally...

I made the leap into the blog world! This little blog will be a place to share my enthusiasm for the iconic Spanish dish known the world over as-PAELLA. I capitalize the very word paella in order to emphasize the enormous amount of work, feelings, and opinions that come from this little Spanish palabra. The word itself means many things-a rice dish, a pan, a recipe...but more than anything, paella is a word that means the method of preparing and cooking a rice dish in the Valencian style.
Oh, there are many a "paella purist" the world over. They will tell you that paella is not paella unless it has a specific ingredient, or that it must only be cooked by a certain person, even so far as saying that it is not paella if it is not prepared in and around Valencia.
The intention of this blog is to document my family's obsession with our favorite rice dish and share our paella journey with our friends. This is our little connection to our other home in Spain.
Many paellas have already been created, damaged, tweaked, and eaten by yours truly up to this point so why not start documenting it for our family's posterity, right?

So here we go...I hope you enjoy and share in this journey either by reading, commenting, or enjoying one of the many more paellas to come!

Disclaimer: I, in no way, claim to be a paella expert. Through my obsession of Spain, Spanish cuisine and of course paella, I have developed a love affair with this beautiful rice dish. The opinions in this blog are mine and mine alone. I am neither a paella purist nor a paella novice, I am somewhere in the middle just enjoying every yummy morsel. Buen provecho!

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amiga looking forward to your journey...
    Adelante. ..viento en popa. ..!!
    Evangelina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo Hoo! En horabuena mujer! I'm so happy for you. I'm looking forward to reading about your paella adventures. Suerte!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias Wink! There is so much I want to learn about and to write about. Let's get these creative juices going!!!

      Delete